Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Cobbler [75,000 BC] A Play

The Cobbler
[The Think Tank of Libra/75,000 BC]


Act 1
Scene One

[In the Constellation Libra, the Cobbler is mumbling to himself about getting a group together, thinking out loud, walking – pacing back and forth about what is on his mind…]:

The Cobbler. [He is talking to himself and to the reader, audience I can hear him]. I had gathered together a Think Tank; I should say I am doing it at this very moment. It has been a long time since we had a gathering, our people, those throughout the Universe die, are born, and die, woops, I already said that didn’t I, I repeat myself nowadays, so it seems. We have a life expediency of around 100,000-years or so, or kind; take or give a few thousand; something like that. We eat, but we don’t taste. We think, but we do not have dreams. We give birth to children, but do not have sex. We drink for the experience of it, just as we breathe, but we do not have any motion in doing it. We have lost several other things, and we just can’t figure out what they are; --that is why I am calling the Think Tank together, I have an idea, and I think I know what we are missing. If we could, and I think we can, I want to could create a race that would benefit from us, by us putting these lost items into there genetic makeup, all the better, I say, all the better for all. I fear at 48,500-years old, I have little time left to get the ball rolling.

Legend [and although there is truth to legend, legend is as it is, legend, myth, fable, celebrity, do not forget that] so says legend, at one time there was what they called a god or God, the difference being if I write, or say it as: “god” it is indicating you know of him, and if you write or say it: ‘God’, it is that you are being of Him—if that makes any sense, but we will not question legend or the God factor all that much, we shall take it as it falls, and it shall fall into its rightful place, as does all other things. And I guess my kind, I am calling myself a spices now, as if we have already created a new being, since I am going to try and convince the committee to create a new one, we know ‘god’ in that kind of way, meaning, of him, if you get my meaning. And I want to try to remake the lost connection.

Let me go on with this, this ‘Think Tank,’ thing, I am calling together is to find out what the ‘God, god’ did by taking something out of us, or put another way, away from us—if indeed He is the culprit, or perhaps we are ourselves. I know He got mad eons ago, and walked away from us. He kept what you call angelic beings with him, and extracted something from us. He said, and I must quote this from the letters written down by, oh, I forgot his name, whatever, whoever, it doesn’t’ matter all that much except for the freak-factors, those folks that like to dot the ‘i’ and ‘t’ ‘s, on everything: the Libra Man who lived back then is whom I’m talking about, that is why I am here, and not in some other far off place –it gives some kind of lost emotion to me; let’s leave it at that; anyhow, he said,
“Seek it out and when you find it, you will find me,” there should be a period there I suppose, but it was something like that; I can’t remember anything else, if indeed He said anything else: that was enough, as short as it is, it was penetrating to say the least. I don’t want to offend Him again, if I do, holy sh... Hell will break out in the Universe, and all eyes will be on me, they will want a scapegoat will they not, and I look like a good one, one ripe for picking, that is, if I was to do the picking, and I was them.

I just want to replace something missing, simple as that, but I know, and I’m sure you know, nothing, I mean nothing is as simply as one thinks it should be…expects it to be, or another one tells you it is, they and you are kidding yourself, or perhaps you want the other guy to believe it: selling him some dead planet are you, and expect him to restore it to its previous vitality over night I suppose—not possible, not in this universe anyhow to the Think Tank, I’m going to try and explain what I have found in the past 28,000-years; if we can put this together, in short, can we or can we not, create a race of beings, and they will have what we do not have, what we lost. Damn, I hope they will listen to me. They are coming from all over the Universe. They know of this “God, god” being, but very little of him. But I got an idea.



The Cobbler
[The Think Tank of Libra/75,000 BC]



Scene Two


[The group is getting situated in the middle of the Star system called Libra to talk to the Cobbler, pulling up chairs with stars on them]

Here they all are, the General, the Captain, the Colonel, the Governor, the Pope, the King himself, and I the Cobbler make seven.

The Cobbler. The Cobbler they call me, I guess because I build stones walls, in and around areas and better things; I do this throughout the Universe and that creates some angry beings; why, you ask, the reason being, when they go from one location to another, they have to slow down when they get to these walls, it makes them think you know. Why not make the slow down and make them think, is my philosophy, or one of them anyhow; I mean, if without a doubt, you possess that capability, and I do. Sure, sure, but why I do that—you are asking, but if they don’t slow down, they will be knocked out for a spill, and I want them to slow down. I guess I do it because I’m bored, and again, I’m not sure if that is a good reason, but it is the only one I got; I don’t lie, because I don’t know how to, don’t need to, have no reason to, and that is why I got thinking of the missing link, or links, and need you folks to slow down, and think of what is missing, and if I had not slowed you down, you would not be here, thinking, what I want you to be thinking of…if in fact, that makes sense, and it should you, or they can’t destroy me, that kind of war was done away with so long ago no one even thinks like that anymore, not out here at any rate. You or they [They being, those who have not come, but were invited] they do not have the same-strange powers I have, they have others. I am not a loner but I like my privacy, and when the ‘God, god’ left our kind, he gave us 100,000-years to be alone if we so chose, perhaps to think, conceivably to think about thinking, what we are missing; so that gives me all the time in the world to build walls, to think and to call you folks here. Everyone knows I am old, and my chromosomes are breaking, I am dying. They should last a million years, but it’s better than what it was 80,000-years ago. So why squabble over spilt milk.

The General. Ok, let’s all sit by this star and see what the Cobbler has to say, more to say. I hope its good; I came a few trillion miles to be here.

[They’re all sitting now in a circle, the King is older than the Cobbler, and seems to be falling asleep; the Captain is the youngest of the group, and the smart-alecky personage.]

The Captain. Well Cobbler, I hope this is worthwhile. Are you going to take some of them walls down, I keep bumping into now, now that you got me here? The only things they do are stopping me for a spill, and make me think of you—angrily, annoyingly.

The Cobbler. Yes, that is why you are here. Because of that, I suppose one might say.
The King. [Woke up, his eyes peering over his fat eyelids]. You always were a little odd there, Mr. Cobbler.

The Cobbler. Yes, I suppose I am, no doubt; I want to propose that all of us to use our power and prayer, to create a new generation of beings. I have four things I want to instill into these new beings. Things I believe were taken from us by the “God, god” so long ago. If we can do that, we will have done something great for the Universe as a whole.

The King. Strange you are, definitely, Mr. Cobbler, but fist things first, you’re first question is an assumption, or better put, your statement-question is not compete: let me complete it for you: whom, here would like to contribute something, that might me nothing to a Universe that knows nothing about what you want to give them, or it, for nothing, yet for some odd reason you have, other than that you need our help to created this new unneeded, unwanted, unreal thing called a new species, or being.

The Colonel. I am, as you know, should know, may know, a scientist, and although creating a new species is not the most difficult thing to do, it is a hard thing to do; and to instill something lost, something we do not know of, or what it is, for whatever reasons, might be an act we cannot do, or should not do, especially if it was taken from us in the first place, as you say, in the first place because we could not deal with it. And remember, oh yes, remember please, Mr. Cobbler, we don’t know what it is, we only know what we’ve been told, what you’ve told us, or suspect perhaps, or better yet, we may discover by putting all our minds together.

The Cobbler. I think we can do this, by way of using all our powers, for we among the entire Universe are the only ones that can, if it can be done the way we want it to be done. I want to change the cell structure of a being like me, and put a code into it, if it can be, into a living gene. The code will read according to its previous owner. Therefore it will be duplicated automatically. But he or she can change it as they grow into adulthood, or maturity. The problem is, the chromosomes will break after a short period of time, say 1000-years. And if we are successful, and they do what we did life will be extended, and I forgot what we did to get what we got, and one of the things we got other than, longevity in years to live, was ‘God, god,’ mad us; thus, we could lose what they we have left, longevity, and not gain what we lost, that got ‘God, god,’ mad at us in the first place.

On another note, we will, in these beings, or they will be hope, for we will put our code into them, our genes, and then we will with the Colonel’s help, instill four things. Perhaps we might get ‘God, god,’ back in our life, and eternal life.

The King. “Yaw, yaw, I’m too old to give a sh…t, I even forgot how to say that and I’ve never even done that; but it sounds like something to do. I’m for it. Out of boredom, that is.

[The entire group stares at the cobbler.]

The Captain. “Ok, let’s find out what we’re missing.”

The Cobbler. Now we’re getting someplace. Now, Captain, what do you do all day long [the captain just staring at the Cobbler, shaking his head as if to say nothing—you fool, you know that.] See, I knew it, you do nothing, I mean you are thinking what I already knew: nothing. That is why you came here to see me, because it is something.

The Captain. More riddles from the Cobbler, so you are right, I do nothing. Get on with the show.
The Cobbler. Well, as I told you, that is why I build walls, because I’m tired of doing nothing, and that is something. But what is that called, Mr. Pope?

The Pope. It has been a long time since I had to think like this. Not sure, but, I sense something wants to come out, you know something called spoken words, with real sounds: that has been missing for me. I suppose I must exercise my mouth, heavens forbid, it will be a task.

The Cobbler. It is called desire. When ‘God, god’ walked away, he took desire with him. That way we would not seek him, and he was pissed, I mean Royal-mad. Now desire can lead you from the ‘god,’ to the ‘God’, you see; does that make sense?

The Pope. I hope this is not a God thing—completely, I mean, who is God? On the other hand, it makes sense, if you can conceive it to be so; yes, it does. I hope your hope has a plan for us that will restore your sanity at the end of this meeting, Mr. Cobbler. Perhaps we can all use our powers to restore you to the way you were thinking before, which was not as hopeless as now.

The Cobbler. We don’t sir; we give it to the new beings—hope that is. [The Pope’s face starts to droop, perhaps it was a sassy way he presented his opinion, but somehow, sassy or not, under it, he wanted hope to survive for him, and them, and now you can see that on his face] Now the next items on the agenda is something called ‘faith,’ otherwise known as believing, and it can also be called trust. All these things I realize are alien to us but we had them at one time.

The King. What does this ‘faith’ demand of us, and what can it do for us, or for the new beings you are talking about, I do hope we get something out of all this?

The Cobbler. Good question, your majesty. But let me just back track a little. If you take desire away, you are the walking dead, like us who need for nothing, wish nor want for nothing: no reason to go on, but we do, you do, because we can, and cannot kill ourselves. Faith is similar; you know something even though you do not see it. Out here in the Universe, we talk to one another, and if we don’t, we have no way of transmitting our …whatever those things are called—: words with ideas attached to them, or ideas with emotions surrounding them, or opinions that have thinking draining through them. But faith says there is something to go home to that is after your dead: perhaps it is God. You see My King, you are feeling, or thinking, or maybe not either one, death is no more then getting out of this boring Universe. Faith takes with it desire, and they connect with ‘God-god,’ both together. Now you can feel him, and you are aware of him. Does it make sense?
The King. Nothing makes sense, only that you have an idea that we were more than what we are at one time, and lost it, and you want to create something, that has what we lost, and never will have, nor be able to experience, because it is no longer with us, and when we die, we will not be able to connect with ‘God, god,’ so the cloud of darkness will forever silence us; and you want to give the opportunity to this new found life, what we lost—God. Is this not so? And if it is, I’m a little annoyed with it, perhaps its envy, if even this foolishness was practical. On the other hand, I suppose I could say: I like it, but why should I care?

The Cobbler. If we create these beings and put in them what we lost, they can pray for us, and maybe the “God-god,” will restore us to reality, hoping that reality will be with him, eternally; something along that line, but you got to have faith first.

The King. Haw! Mysterious thing this thing called faith, and hope, and all that stuff, in a universe with so much brightness and darkness, but I like that part, the part where we die and are put into darkness, and by some thing called hope, because we created something with hope, we get brightness, it is a reward I presume: you give, you get; no, no, let me say that again: you give, you hope you get; not sure if I like that part, but I don’t want to come back to this big open space of colored lights either, not for another 100,000-years anyway: I’d prefer to stay in the dark, silently.
The Cobber. The two words I want to talk about are apprehension [he sees its term more on the order of: fear and hesitation] and insecurity [doubt vs. confidence]. You see we do not have any of these, call them emotions, or what have you. We chose somehow to be free of them, or when ‘God, god,’ walked away he took them with him: not sure what happened, but of course, these emotions are hard to come by, if undeniably, He didn’t forget to take that with Him. These emotions are not entirely the motivation for a person to seek out and learn about his creator, but they are pieces in a puzzle, when taken out, leaves the puzzle unworkable. This friends, I’ve found out to be true, and a missing link of some quality.

The Colonel. Emotions, feelings, missing links, hope, faith, new beings, it all is a ting much for a morning meeting I’d say, but I believe, I can do it. I have a scientific formula that can mix these ingredients into our cells, but they would only infect our offspring, for us it would simply be an antiviral.

The Cobbler. That is what I am talking about. So let’s do it.



The Cobbler
[The Think Tank of Libra/75,000 BC]




Scene Three
[Narrator comes out and gives the ending to the first act]


And so it came to pass that the Libra Group, the Think Tank of Libra that is, and all its participants: the King, the Cobbler, the Pope, the General, Captain and the Colonel, the Think Tank of Libra, of 75,000 BC, put together a formula with these cells the cells and genetic make up needed to transpose these ancient missing links, or things lost so long ago in the past: feelings, emotions, hope and faith, etcetera: they now were planted you could say, deposited into their creative offspring—; bitter it may be, but I must say it, these new cell structures could not survive in space with them— (and bitter it was to a few to let them go after creating them) onto several planets, one being earth. And the Colonel calls his daughter Hu, and the King calls his son Man, perhaps they got to call them by name because the Cobbler knew they had the biggest egos, and didn’t want to argue; and so it was, and now written.

And as a result, the two were created and put into a garden, this part of the story we all of course know. But Hu, gained a rib somewhere along the way, and Man lost one; and during this time He was left alone to name the animals of this planet called earth, the one he was placed on, you could say. When they got together, that is to say, when God, decided to check things out, He took the human beings, and named them Adam and Eve, it was His gift to the Think Tank (I don’t think He liked the naming of the creatures per se, but he was kind in leaving the species called human, combining the words, and forcing the King and Colonel to share in the glory)) although dead they were)), giving man some credit for something for his efforts; perhaps He had (He being: God) He had a bigger ego than the King and the Colonel; maybe that is why He understands man so well: for they had—unselfishly—put back things that once were lost into the dark shadows of outer space—put them back into a being, I say unselfishly because they had long gone, departed their universe. [And having said this, comes ‘…Orion’ and Act II, Scene One.]


The Cobbler
[The Think Tank of: Orian/25,000 BC]




Act II
Scene One


[In the Constellation called Orion, the Cobbler is readying himself to have a second gathering of the elite a group known as the “Think Tank,” of the Universe he is thinking out loud, resting – it has been 50,000 years since their last meeting of the minds; a new member has joined them by the name of: Florencia]



On the edge of the Universe, in the consultation—Orion

The Narrator

The Cobbler is sitting on a frozen red and blue intergalactic form of gasses, in deep space; he has shaped these gases into a sofa chair of sorts. They have created a being of sorts, on the planet Tiamat II, otherwise known as Earth, otherwise known as the Blue Planet. They have implanted in this new species a genetic structure, encoded a few traits they had lost some time ago, eons ago, they can’t remember how they lost them character behaviors, but they know they offended the God of the Universe in the process, otherwise known as ‘God, god.’

The Cobbler has been observing this new species for some 50,000-years, and partly to his dismay. Something else is lacking he has deduced. So simply he tells himself—referring to the thing that is lacking—it surprises him, shamefully, that it took 50,000-years to figure it out. But then, he allows himself some leeway, realizing, sometimes we’re simply too close to the forest to see the trees. A dump philosophy that makes him feels better anyhow.

And so, he has called a meeting of the minds, called the ‘Think Tank,’ of the Universe, to talk about the Galaxy called the Milky Way, a stellar system the Cobbler had acquired a liking for; and about the planet Earth, as he glimpses at its from, in intergalactic space. The guests that are arriving assume they are the seven who have survived the longest of all the other species in their known sections of the Universe.

Scene II
Guests Arriving

Narrator

As his guests do arrive, one by one, he is thinking about the ‘God, god,’ theory…or issue, and the creation he has brought about on earth. He hopes with ‘God, god’s’ blessing. The last thing he wants to do is get on the bad side of Him again. The Earthy thing that bothers him, to make a long thought short, is that his subjects are acting more like animals than like—let’s say, hu-mans; what he and his group did not expect. Surely they got the genetic code for ‘desire,’ right, but maybe too damn right, as was planned, possible too engrained, not soft touch to it, Florencia has brought to the groups attention:

Florencia. [A little cocky] “You have created a human fish for of life, or is it a human rabbit, or perhaps an intergalactic flesh fish form of life; with feet and limbs by its shoulder, what next, what do you expect, you need to down it tempo, and raise its formal reason process with Love.”

Narrator. As they look down upon earth, they notice the hu-man’s are becoming more dangerous than the animals. Consequently, the desire to live, eat, have sex has no limits, boundaries, or for that matter, no ethics.

The King. [Disapprovingly] One takes from the other without conscious. They do not know right from wrong, or if they do, it is not showing. And in old age, no one stops the cruelty that prevails. The question comes up to us, the Think-Tank: how can Earth people stop earth people from hurting earth people, without our intervention; I mean, simply look: when one person gets bigger than the other and wants more from the others, that is not theirs in the first place. This is greed we have created, not love, or hope or faith. We must correct this before our deaths.

The Colonial. Just wait a minute here. The Cobbler builds walls to stop us, get our attention, what if the walls would kill us, would he stop building them? Better yet, if it had killed me, I’d be dead, and then he can figure out right from wrong, but it does me no good, I’m still dead because of his right to do what he feels he needs to do to get to the end of his thoughts: will he give his life up for right or wrong, and in this case, kill himself. No, I say, no he will not, and that is because of greed. Is it not, their duty to take while they can, for when they are old they will not be able to, it is the law of survival, as it is out here, the law of getting attention to build walls: is this not true?

Florencia. Who is to stop the beings from raping, killing or robbing; something dreadfully is wrong here. And like 50,000 years ago, when the Cobbler came up with this bright idea to create these beings, the missing element never occurred to him, the thing lacking in the animals, reasoning which equals, ‘free will,’ the very thing the creator gave to us at one time, the one think no one seems to remember, but cherishes nonetheless; really can’t remember His name haw, so they call him ‘God, god,’ when you talk about him, and God when you feel like you need to worship him, and “God, god,” when you fear Him the most.

Narrator and the Cobbler

[The Think Tank is sitting in circle thinking]

As time moves on [to the Cobbler], another observation comes to light, which is really an extension of the first, and he writes this down to show the Think Tank, so he doesn’t forget,

“Nobody wants to die,” haw, that was the Cobbler saying that and that is pretty true and to the point, and the Think Tank is thinking on that very subject this minute. But yet, how can this be? I mean to tell you folks reading this, this is what the Think Tank, is thinking, and this is what the hu-mans are fighting for, and the Think Tank is having a hard time seeing the parallel, is not to smart thing for the Think Tank, I think. And to be quite honest with you, it gives them something to think about, I mean, they are getting closer to their universal dead date line, they also cannot live forever you know; or they know, or they should know.

So the questions come up by the Cobbler. “Now how can that be, when it is part of the natural process, can a little drop of their genetic fiber causes this? …God, forbid! Did we put too much desire in these beings…” [His thoughts are racing and so is his mind, and you can see his head spinning: spin and think, spin and think that is what is going on for about 10,000 years here.]? People within the Think Tank come and go was the Cobbler things…!

Narrator continues. Well, the way to fix this, he concludes, and will inform the Think Tank, is by adding somehow, someway, the elements of ‘free will’ a suggestion by Florencia. He has concluded, if the creatures on earth already have it, they have perhaps too much of it, so he tells himself: I mean they were careful in the ingredients they added to the creation menu of the hu-mans: first was the body for its physical needs, then socialization, then the mind for psychological reasons, and of course they had left out reasoning, or was its something else, or addition? And if they don’t have it, they will end up eating each other pretty soon, so he better find a way on how to inject it before there is no one left to experiment with.

Narrator. The Captain has now arrived back at the circle of thinkers (it has changed to the place called Orion), you see him coming out of some super cluster, a far off Galaxy; evidently he was soul searching going back and forth for personal reasons: bored perhaps; he had left the group to think on his own all the same, and is now back, a little cynical brut, but a good sort of chap.

And the Pope, he has returned, he is the spiritual leader of the group of eight, or the Think Tank, as we know it to be; he lives or dwells in the constellation called Sagittarius [the Archer].

It would seem everyone had his or her favorite places live, like the creatures they’ve created on earth. But to the Cobbler, there is nothing in the Universe more beautiful than Orion, with its Horse head Nebula, his abode. And dark clouds, interstellar matter, and its nebula absorbing light from distant stars it is a grand place he thought for this meeting. He tells the Captain and the Pope, there is no equal in the entire universe for the orange coloration of the pulsating matter, dust and gases that are fly around the Horse head of the Nebula, and the star Orion.

Now the circle is starting to look more like a circle, and a meeting again. The Colonial has arrived, who are the scientist, and the General [whom is always moody, or so it seems], the inquisitive, and the aging King [who seems to get annoyed, and always thinks he is going to die soon, but seemingly will out live all the seven], and the Governor [whose affect is always flay, good for playing poker though].

[Everyone now is sitting on his or her frozen, gassy-colorful looking sofa chairs.]

The Cobbler. You all know me as the Cobbler, and I got this meeting today to report the findings of the beings we created some 50, 000 or is it now 60,000-years ago on the Blue Planet, which will be called in the future, Earth, I looked into the book of the future, only a fragment of it though, I didn’t want to cheat, and I still do believe the greatest gift, our creator, “God, god’, gave us was not to foretell the future, so I leave it as it is. But a peek now and then doesn’t hurt.

The Captain. We all know what is happening on the Blue Planet, in your neck of the woods, Mr. Cobbler—don’t be so surprised Mr. Cobbler, you’re not the only one out here, we keep updated also.

The Cobbler looks at them all— And they all nod, indicating yes…

Captain. So let’s not squander anymore time, what’s on your mind, and what do you want from us, and what is next! — [?]

The Cobbler. Something is lacking in the primates on Earth—I call them primates because they—they act more like animals than reasonable beings; that is to say, more out of instinct, than out of reasoning.

Colonial. [Antagonistically] Well, when we made them, the beings that are on the Blue Ball that is, when we made them, [he is pointing], we used all the knowledge we had at our disposal, so what in this Universe do you think we can do about this?

The Cobbler. That of course is why we are all here. Let me explain. We simply forgot something. We were selfish, and that the Pope can understand better than all of us [the Pope looks at the Cobbler]. You see, we did not give them freewill like us…or perhaps something else.

The Pope [Piously] Yes, yes—we forgot the gift the Great Creator gave us so very long ago. Yes, yes—this is so, this is so. But how do we implement this, I mean, how do we ratify our wrong, and make it right? What is missing from the menu is Spirituality: you’ve added social, psychological, physical needs but, and this is a big ‘but’ do we not have a need for spiritual-ness? It is part of our general make up; the creatures likewise? Reason demands we look at this element; although the problem is, we as we are, die, and thus, cannot give them this one ingredient, it has to come from God Himself, this is the problem, for is it not He who has unglued himself from the puzzle?

The Cobbler [Anxious]. I’m glad you said that Pope, a good stepping-stone for me. I think what we need to do is create a virus—yes, that is what we need to do; that will only infect the beings biological structure, their genetic predisposition. After we have perfected this virus, we need to inject it, or some how float it, into their system. We need it to infect the system, change the system, and then lay dormant so it doest affect anything else in the future. This will also adjust the beings reasoning capability, or so I think. Free will, we will have to depend on free will to seek out God again, lest they feel empty like us; is not a right by any means for a creature to feel God inside him, it is a gift from the creator we threw away, and they must find, we can only do so much.

King. [Sleepily] Well, I hope if we do it, we do it quick so I can live to see the results. It’s been over 50,000-years, and all we created is another monkey. I could have done that is my sleep, although this primate is more creative I see, and quite a lot cleverer than his neighbors.

Governor. [Surrealistically] We have given them long lasting chromosomes, yet they only live between one hundred to one thousand years, and then they weaken and break, like everything in the Universe, they cascade. Like a ball, some day the whole thing is going to come to its destination, and drop. As I was about to say, lizards live longer than our creation, they grow as they live, and never stop, how did we do that?

[The Captain responds]: ‘we didn’t do that, ‘God, god’…woops, I didn’t mean to boast, I got to watch myself. Anyways, that is what virus’ do, they mutate, and so we got to be careful they do not cause future damage.

The Cobbler to the Governor. [Sensationally]

You are so right, but we must take chances in life. Can we honestly now, leave these creatures on earth as they are, when there is a passivity in me for them; to give them more reasoning, and free will to make better choices, or worse ones is all we can do. We are now responsible for them, like it or not. If something bad is triggered in the future, most likely they will have the means to fix it, for it will be them who create the trigger, and we will most likely will not be around to assist or maybe God will allow us to, I hope, or possibly beings like us, are the last of our breed, and like you said, the last to give a chance to the Universe to put forth a new a creative creature, liken to us, but with less powers. But there is always that chance, old desire will out weigh the new reasoning and free will I suppose, and survival could trigger world atrophy; it is the chance even God Himself must take.
I have heard some of the beings asking such questions as, “Where are we from,” and “why can’t we remember the past.” When in essence there really isn’t much of a past, although the ‘desire’ fiber, wants them to believe there is.

General. [Wanting to get back to whatever he was doing before he came says in a quick manner] Ok, ok, ok: Cobbler, how do we infect our prize begins on this little dot in space call a planet? Hopefully this will help us reunite ourselves with our God, and give me peace from you.

The Cobbler. [A little worried but surprisingly spontaneous] We can do it, we can do it…we simply infect the air with a dust, chemical, that will only affect the neurons in the right places of the beings. Or we could put it in the water, or even hand delivered it to a few of the females and let it take its roots from that. Although I would feel guilty for the souls lost to nothingness. We could also put it in the clouds, and when it rained it would drip all over them. The reason why we are here is to get ideas.

As you can see, they are already drawing pictures on the walls of caves. This will bring them out of the caves and they will build temples; follow the stars, and find our God, or create their own God’s. And when they do, He will no longer be angry with us possibly, or become angrier; whatever the case, redemption may be around the corner. They already have the trivial genetic material we gave them, they simply need a booster, and the Captain can come up with a dose that will accommodate or alter whatever needs altering, accordingly.

The General. We’re going to end up with two kinds of intelligent life here, the cave drawer and the sun worshiper living side by side I fear; one envious of the other for somehow, feeling the other found reasoning, and how to survive outside of the cave, and build, buildings. They will watch these new beings that look much like themselves, not fearful, not hiding, and they will see themselves die-out. The transition period I do realize will take several long generations, perhaps more like millenniums, to adapt to this— if we separate the cotenants, we can perfect this ‘will’ thing to minimum damage, on the first set of beings. We can also instill in them an eagerness to travel, for adventure, look at them now, they are all clustered in one area—and, and if worse comes to worse, there will be beings of different races, and cultures all over the Earth. Thus, we need not worry about the hu-mankind dying out.

٭
Pause
Narrator comes up frront and says his last words to

Act II

And so it was ordained on the 8th day of May, 25,000+ years ago, that man would be infected with a mutative virus that would change him forever. Consequently, balancing his system, and allowing him to become part of the universal body of thinkers, with reason, desire and free will, yet spirituality was yet to be found or implanted.


The Cobbler
[The Think Tank of Mars/16,000 BC]



Act III Mars

Scene One


[On the planet of Mars, the Cobbler is readying himself to have a third gathering of the elite, a group known as the “Think Tank,” of the Universe, the Cobbler is presently pacing and thinking out loud, pacing like a panther, – it has been 9,000 years since their last meeting of the minds; at this point a few of the elite have died, leaving only five left, the Cobbler, the Captain, the Pope, Florencia and the Governor]

Narrator

[The same as from Act I, Scene three: Advance to: Scene One, Act Three] And as a result two persons were created and put into a garden, this part of the story we all of course know. But Hu, gained a rib somewhere along the way, and Man lost one; and during this time He was left alone to name the animals of this planet called earth, the one he was placed on, you could say. When they got together, that is to say, when God, decided to check things out, He took the human beings, and named them Adam and Eve, it was His gift to the Think Tank.]
At this point God had intervened, as was the hope, and plans of the Think Tank, and man received his spirituality, in that, they realized there was a power greater than them.

On the surface of the planet Mars —Narrator

The Cobbler—it would seem—is having his meetings closer and closer to the Earth as time goes by, or so his companions feel, and now there are only five of them left. Unfortunately, they are long lived, but they do die, and some have died from the Think Tank. The King with his temper, thought the Cobbler, had lived longer than expected, and the General with his demanding-attitude had outlived his stay in the Universe also; systems no matter what kind they are need to have tranquility, not constant stress, the Cobbler tells himself; so again, he is not surprised with the news of their deaths, yet a little sad, and this can be seen on his face as he hears the news by the others talking about the deaths of their comrades.

The Colonel, well, he liked him in particular, being a military man like the Cobbler used to be in his younger days, but death is inevitable he ponders, of which he had come to the conclusion long ago but now death is in his backyard, nothing—but nothing is at random he concludes, and all things cascade to its death, sooner or later: as he has preached to so many, in so many meetings in the past.

Even with all the different dimensions that he had experience in his long life 100,000 years of life is not long he feels, when you think of eternity, actually he was something like 87,000 years old at this stage, give or take a few hundred years. Thus, he was feeling death nearing; at 25,000-years old, you do not feel it, at 87,000 years old, you have spent 87% of your life, and now this was noticeable, and his days were on the down side of eternity. Change brings things forward, and buries other things, tucking them away as if they never were. Thus, death could no longer be overlooked.

We see the Cobbler explaining to his guests as they arrive on Mars how: he likes the winter season here, because the rocks are more tinted with reds and whites, colors he likes; basically, they are made up of frost and dust. Along with some of the coarse-grained larger rocks leaving the view a pretty picture. It is a small planet he agrees, but the selection was not made on size, rather again, on the winter period which is about 100-days long [23-earth months], and the glorious view it brings to the descriptive mind, the reddish dust is a pretty sight he declares again, and again, adding to the picture a perfect setting for this meeting and his guests. He has left the hu-man thing alone, and is feeling the beauty of the creation of the Universe.

The cobbler, is an artist student from long ago, from the academy of Universal Studies, a College he can’t remember going to, being at, the name of he has in his head: he does remember only that: in some Galaxy he can remember the name of either, but he was there nonetheless, this he knows; however, the five are now standing around, looking at a huge rock and seemingly trying to figure out if they should use it to sit on, or just float in a circle and use a little energy they have, which is next to nothing;

‘This area,’ explains the Cobbler, ‘will someday be called ‘Chryse Planitia,’ by the Earthlings.

[The Governor exclaims]: ‘You have been dabbling into future events again, I see Mr. Cobbler!’ [A rhetorical question I think.]

For the most part it is a barren landscape, yet it has many sand dunes throughout its environment, again, a tranquilizing picture for the Cobbler. Plus, the one outstanding thing he wants to have at this moment, is his elite group to enjoy this unmovable, indisputable, sunset it, Mars has to offer to his kind, and reminds them of the species they have created, that can enjoy looking at it also. It is unlike any other he has ever seen. With such colors, soft hues and dim rolling dunes: because it is close to the sun, comes in whites, blues and reds; and as all these lights, and particles reflect back and forth from the sun to planet, a raw looking, but beautiful, red and white surface appears with multidimensional reflections; consequently, one that you can only stand in awe of [perhaps to show this on stage one can put some psychedelic lights in motion], and wonder how its creator, painted such an ongoing beautiful picture. It is like a big golden red egg, looking over the horizon onto a planet of red lava, while the rays of the sun press outward, as if to create a circle like effect, not quite like that of Venus, of which it is a 360-angle degree circle, rather more like a 45-degree outward burst.

Scene Two

[You see everyone looking at the sunset on Mars, and the Cobbler, smiling, knowing God has heard them]
The Group wants to know they can do about the earthlings, but the Cobbler has checked out the future, just a little, and he knows God will provide the spirituality they need, and do a little better job than they, in balancing their system out. He knows God has already picked out a name for each of the creatures, and will combine the hu man, to one word, humans, but he can’t tell anyone, lest they lose their faith, and chance for
Salvation, if indeed that is on God’s menu.



See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home